Short practical guide on general microbiology
The short practical guide on general microbiology contains basic information necessary for foreign students of Russian medical universities studying in the English language for preparing for practical lessons on the course of microbiology.
In this manual in accordance with special programme in short and understandable form is stated all information necessary for studying:
– general bacteriology – main biological properties of bacteria, methods of isolation and identification of pure cultures of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria;
– bacterial genetics;
– normal microflora of human body;
– fundamentals of sanitary microbiology;
– antimicrobial therapy – classification of chemotherapeutic preparations, methods of testing of bacterial sensitivity to them, principles of rational antimicrobial therapy of infectious diseases;
– general immunology – classification of antigens and antibodies, principles of statement and registration of main immunological reactions that are used for infectious disease diagnostics, antigen and antibody preparations for infectious disease immunotherapy and immunoprophylaxis.
It was written for the purpose of students’self-testing.